Ogdensburg reminds residents not to park in road during winter
OGDENSBURG — With snow expected this week Ogdensburg is reminding residents not to park on streets and asking them to consider others when removing snow.
The City of Ogdensburg is reminding residents that winter is now in full swing and with that comes winter related ordinances to sidewalks and on street parking. Overnight, on street parking is prohibited from December through March 31.Property owners are responsible for the clearing of their sidewalk after each snowfall.
Here are some friendly reminders to help keep your property in compliance with local ordinances:
1. Remove any snow that you might accidentally place in the roadway.
2. Remove snow from your sidewalks. It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that their sidewalk is passable and available to the walking public.
3. Be courteous to where you place your snow. Are you placing it where it could be pushed
into a neighbor’s yard or driveway?
4. As a home or business owner, you are responsible for the actions of whom you might
contract with for your snow removal needs. Please ensure that they are aware of the city’s
ordinances and requirements for compliance.
5. Report illegal activity to the Code Enforcement Office or Department of Public Works so
that it can be addressed. Anonymity will be honored as permitted under law.
1. Do not push snow out into the street for City plows to manage. It is illegal to place snow or cause for it to be placed in a roadway. Please remove any snow that you might accidentally
fall into the roadway.
2. Do not block sidewalks or crosswalks with snow. Be courteous to the walking public.
3. Do not push snow onto a neighbor’s property without their permission. Be courteous; do not make it someone else’s problem.
4. Do not place your garbage containers in the roadway. Place them in your driveway or
between the sidewalk and the street.