BY ADAM ATKINSON North Country This Week POTSDAM -- The new village board of trustees will convene its annual meeting tonight [Monday, Dec. 4] to make its yearly appointments, designations and other …
BY ADAM ATKINSON
North Country This Week
POTSDAM -- The new village board of trustees will convene its annual meeting tonight [Monday, Dec. 4] to make its yearly appointments, designations and other business, as well as approve new stop sign intersections at Grove and Waverly and Leroy and Grove streets.
The board, which will convene at 6 p.m., will also hear a final report on the U.S. Route 11 safety study by the Clarkson Engineering Management Group.
Among the agenda items, newly elected Village Mayor Alexandra Jacobs Wilke is expected to appoint:
• Trustee Stephen Warr as deputy mayor;
• The Village Administrator, Village Clerk, and Deputy Clerk as compliance officers for the Village of Potsdam’s Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment for one year;
• Georgine Scott as Village Clerk/Registrar for two years starting Dec. 4, 2023 and ending Dec. 1, 2025;
• Johanna Kastner as Deputy Village Clerk/Registrar commencing Dec. 4, 2023.
• Isabelle Gates-Shult as Village Treasurer for two years commencing Dec. 4, 2023 and ending Dec. 1, 2025; and
• Elise Deno as Deputy Village Treasurer commencing Dec. 4, 2023.
The board is also expected to approve both the Watertown Daily Times and North Country This Week as the village's official newspapers.
Community Bank N. A., Key Bank of Central New York N.A., The Chase Bank and Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company are to be designated as the village's official banks.
The board will consider and vote on its written investment policy, procurement policy, amounts for surety bonds, and payments in advance of audit claims for recurring charges.
The board is also expected to authorize village employees and officials to attend training seminars in the coming year.
Another resolution to come before the board will be a vote that all Water and Sewer accounts with EDU valuations “Based on Prior Year Consumption” have those EDUs re-evaluated and adjusted appropriately by March 1st every fiscal year.
The meeting can be streamed live on the village's Facebook page.