State police reminding Massena residents to lock vehicles
MASSENA — State police are reminding residents of Massena to lock their vehicles.
An extensive number of vehicle break-ins and thefts has occurred, with many happening in recent weeks, police said.Thefts of recreational vehicles and trailers have also occurred.
Police recommend the following:
• Always lock your vehicle, even in your own driveway
• Close all windows, including sunroofs
• Never leave keys, valuables, or personal identification in a vehicle
• If possible, place padlocks on trailer hitches to prevent theft
• Lock garages and sheds where valuables, vehicles and recreational vehicles may be stored
Vehicles are being stolen or entered in part because victims have left a vehicle unlocked with the keys in it, police say.
Most recently, vehicle thefts and break-ins have occurred in the Malone and Massena areas.
Police recommend residents report any suspicious behavior to local law enforcement agencies.
Anyone with information pertaining to recent break-ins are asked to contact state police at (518) 873-2750.