Carbon monoxide blamed for medical emergency in Stockholm
STOCKHOLM — West Stockholm Fire and First Responders and Tri-Town Rescue responded to a call on Jan. 22 after receiving a report of an unconscious woman.
EMS and fire crews say three residents were found inside a single family dwelling, with one of the individuals experiencing a medical emergency.Carbon monoxide was identified as the cause of the medical emergency, officials say.
All occupants were evacuated and carbon monoxide levels were found to be high throughout the home.
Officials say the individual who experienced the medical emergency was transported for further evaluation.
“Tri-Town Rescue would like to recognize Eric LaBrake, EMT-B and Jacky Spinner, EMT-B as well as West Stockholm Fire & First Responders for their actions today that inevitably saved 3 lives. It is calls like these that remind us of the importance of making sure that we all have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in our houses,” officials said on Facebook.