American Red Cross holding several blood drives throughout August in St. Lawrence County
The American Red Cross is scheduling several blood donation opportunities in St. Lawrence County over the next couple weeks.
Upcoming blood drives include:• Canton, Aug. 15, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., St Lawrence University, 23 Romoda Dr.; Aug. 20, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Unitarian Universalist Church, 3 1/2 E. Main St.
• De Kalb Junction, Aug. 17, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., DeKalb Junction Fire Department, 4323 US Highway 11
• Gouverneur, Aug. 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Gouverneur Middle School, 25 Wilson St.; Aug. 20, 12:30-5:30 p.m., Gouverneur Veterans of Foreign Wars, 100 W. Main St.
• Hammond, Aug. 28, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Hammond Central School, 51 S. Main St.
• Lawrenceville, Aug. 27, 2-6 p.m., Lawrenceville Fire Department, 1081 County Route 54
• Lisbon, Aug. 16, 3-7 p.m., Lisbon Hepburn Library, 6899 County Route 10
• Norwood, Aug. 27, 12:30-5:30 p.m., Village of Norwood, 15 S. Main St.
• Ogdensburg, Aug. 28, 2-7 p.m., Ogdensburg Volunteer Rescue Squad, 1223 Pickering St.; Sept. 3, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Claxton Hepburn Medical Center, Hess Auditorium.
• Potsdam, Aug. 23, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Canton Potsdam Hospital, 50 Leroy St.
To donate blood, download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enable the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device to make an appointment or for more information.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.