Village of Morristown holding dedication ceremony May 27 to unveil new National Historic Register signs
MORRISTOWN -- The Village of Morristown would like to invite the public to a dedication ceremony on Memorial Day, May 27 to unveil three new National Historic Register signs.
These signs have been placed at the Stone Windmill (1825), The Stone Schoolhouse, (1824), and the Land Office (1823) which is now part of the Morristown Public Library.The dedication of these Historic National Register signs will be part of the Villages Memorial Day Ceremonies at Chapman Park which will start at 10 a.m.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremonies will move to the Morristown Fire Hall on Morris Street.
The signs were funded by a grant from the William G. Pomeroy Foundation of Syracuse, a private, grant-making foundation established in 2005. One of the Pomeroy Foundation's main initiatives is to help people celebrate their community's history through historic signage.
For more information or to apply for a marker or plaque, visit: www.wgpfoundation.org.