Folklore artists and craftspeople Saturdays at TAUNY
CANTON – During November and December, a selection of TAUNY's North Country Folkstore artists and craftspeople will be in house on Saturdays from 1 to 3 p.m. to demonstrate and talk about their work and answer visitors' questions.
The Folkstore Featured Artist series includes:• November 6: Knitter and spinner Donna Adams and her husband Bob, a long-time woodworker.
• November 13: Wayne Brown and Jason Gilmour: both use recycled materials for their art, but that's where the similarity ends; Wayne creates sculptures from old iron farm equipment while Jason uses old silverware to make jewelry.
• November 20: Knitters, weavers, spinners, felters, and more—Sarah Crotty, Sally Kirby, Kathy Montan, and Jo Ellen Saumier begin the Featured Artist series focus on fiber arts.
• November 26: Weaver Lyndsi Comins and teddy bear maker Alice Antwine continue the fiber arts theme. Also, blacksmith Kevin Gibbins will be at his forge in front of The TAUNY Center from noon to 2 p.m.
• November 27: More fiber artists: knitters Jody Horwitz and Kathy Schaper and Judith Utter, who is now doing her botanical illustrations on fabric.
• December 4: Author Caperton Tissot will be in the Folkstore to sign copies of her new book Adirondack Ice: a Cultural and Natural History.
• December 18: Shaker box maker Bob Pinkerton and wood sculptor Gene Newman.
The TAUNY Center and North Country Folkstore are located at 53 Main St.
For more information visit www.TAUNY.org.