State paying more than $8 million to pave highways in St. Lawrence County
The state will pay over $8 million to pave state highways in St. Lawrence County.
The governor's office says the infrastructure renewal projects will incorporate the use of environmentally conscious construction techniques such as warm-mix asphalt and cold in place asphalt recycling that can be applied at significantly lower temperatures, thereby reducing fuel consumption and decreasing the production of associated greenhouse gas emission during construction.These techniques also allow existing materials to be reused and can reduce the amount of materials that would otherwise be trucked to landfills.
The projects announced today are currently being designed and construction will begin next spring.
The projects in St. Lawrence County include:
• $1.3 million to resurface Route 3 from Route 812 to Bacon Road in Lewis and St. Lawrence County.
• $2.9 million to resurface Route 310 from 0.5 Miles South of Stiles Road to Route 345 in St. Lawrence County.
• $1.2 million to resurface Route 131 from Route 37 to Town Line Road in St. Lawrence County.
• $1.3 million to resurface Route 131 from Route 43 to Route 37 in St. Lawrence County.
• $623,000 to resurface Route 11 from Route 11C to the Franklin County Line in St. Lawrence County.
• $1.1 million to resurface Route 3 from 0.3 Miles East of Route 58 to 0.3 miles North of Twin Lakes Road in St. Lawrence County.