St. Lawrence County residents can apply for line worker apprenticeships
The Northeastern Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Outside Electrical Industry will recruit from through Oct. 13, 2018 for 10-20 electrical (outside) line worker apprentices.
St. Lawrence County residents can apply for the positions.Applications may be obtained at any time during the recruitment period from http://www.NEAT1968.org.
There is a $25 test processing fee required with all completed applications. Applicants may request that this fee be waived. Fee waivers will be approved upon showing verifiable proof of financial need. Applicants who do not have Internet access should visit their local library or their nearest New York State Department of Labor Career Center. There is one in Canton at the Human Services Building.
• be at least 18 years old.
• be physically able to perform the work required of the trade, as determined by a DOT physical, at the expense of the sponsor, after an offer of employment.
• obtain a qualifying score on the NJATC aptitude test.
• pass a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, at the time of selection.
• attend all the related classroom training that is required of the program.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a commercial driver’s permit or license (class A or B, with the air brake restriction removed) in order to operate commercial vehicles.
• be able to read, hear, and understand instructions and warnings.
• be able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics and manholes.
• be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles, and towers of various heights.
• be willing and able to travel to worksites anywhere within Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
• provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Northeastern Joint Apprenticeship and Training at (610) 326-2860.