St. Lawrence County Public Health Department encourages support for 'I Wear a Mask to Protect' campaign
CANTON — The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department invites all residents, agencies, and businesses to partake in the “I Wear a Mask to Protect” campaign.
The campaign’s purpose is to help kindly encourage and remind everyone to continue wearing face coverings when out in public to protect family, friends, and our community, said a press release from Public Health.Here’s how to participate in the campaign:
1. Go to https://www.stlawco.org/Departments/PublicHealth/PublicHealth to find a copy of the campaign directions and the “I wear a mask” / “We wear masks” templates. These items can be found directly underneath the COVID-19 Resources and Reopening Guidance table.
2. Print off the template of your choosing.
3. Using a marker, finish the sentence “I/we wear a mask to protect..”
4. Hold the sign and take photo.
5. Send your photo to [email protected] AND post on your social media page using the hashtag #RestartSTLC.
All photo submissions will be reviewed by a committee for the potential selection to be displayed on a billboard in St. Lawrence County. The submission deadline is July 8.
The committee consists of The St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce, Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County, Claxton Hepburn Medical Center, and the St. Lawrence County Public Health Department.
The committee will select eight photos to be displayed.
Don't Miss A Story!
Stay informed with what's going on in St. Lawrence County
Keep up with local government & schools, police & fire news, help wanted ads, upcoming events, obituaries, valuable shopping info, letters from viewers, news of your friends & neighbors, & much more!
Your subscription helps pay our hard-working news staff who keep St. Lawrence County informed