Potsdam sets new parking rules for holiday season
POTSDAM -- The village has set parking rules for the holiday season and for snow season.
Parking on downtown streets will be free from Nov. 11 through Dec. 31. Shoppers will not have to bother with putting coins into the downtown meters during those weeks.Meanwhile snow removal parking rules are in effect now through the winter.
To allow snowplows to do their work, parking on all village streets is prohibited from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. throughout the period. Vehicles found parked on streets during those hours are subject to parking tickets and towing.
Restrictions are also in place for lots where overnight parking is allowed. The schedule is staggered so people may find a place to park overnight without hampering plowing efforts.
Plowing of overnight lots will be done on these days between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., so vehicles must be moved to allow the work:
• Island Street, on the north side of Fall Island, Tuesdays
• Main Street lots Areas 1 and 2, Wednesdays
• Munson Street lot, Thursdays
• Raymond Street Area 1, along Depot Street, Tuesdays
• Raymond Street Area 2, along the river, Wednesdays.
More info: DPW, 315-265-4620.