Massena town officials take action on dog control officer, attorney, animal shelter resolutions
BY JEFF CHUDZINSKI
North Country This Week
MASSENA — Massena town officials took action on a number of resolutions during the town board’s Jan. 18 meeting. The resolutions included:
• Approved the execution of a retainer with Town Attorney Eric Gustafson• Authorized the hiring of Maurice LaRock as a dog control officer for the town
• Approved a contract for 2023-2024 with the Massena Humane Society Shelter
• Approved the purchase of equipment needed for dog control purposes
• Approved the resignation of Susan Gray from the Massena Library Board
• Appointed Jennifer Strokes to the Massena Library Board
• Approved a $100 payment to the St. Lawrence County Supervisors Association
Town officials also signed off on the Town of Massena Fishing Tournament Marketing Program.
Headed by Tourism Director Don Meissner, the marketing program is said to play a major role in promoting existing tournaments and attracting new tournaments to the town.
Meissner also gave a presentation during the meeting that highlighted the numerous tournaments slated to come to the region this summer.