Farmers' market coupons for seniors available from St. Lawrence County Office for the Aging
OGDENSBURG – St. Lawrence County Office for the Aging is distributing farmers market coupon booklets for income-eligible seniors at various locations around the county and at the upcoming senior picnic.
From June 1 through Nov. 30, low income eligible seniors, age 60 and older, may use farmers market coupons to purchase locally grown fruits and vegetables from local farmers' markets.Low income in this case is defined as having a monthly income at/or below $1,872 for a one-person-household; $2,538 for a two-person household; and $3,204 for a three-person household.
Office for the Aging will distribute coupons starting June 1 at the office and will continue distribution until they run out. Booklets will also be available at the senior picnic on July 13 at the Gouverneur Community Center.
Distribution locations and dates are listed below. Booklets cannot be mailed and may not be picked up by proxies. Powers of attorney may sign for booklets, however, a POA form is needed. Booklets are first come, first served.
One coupon booklet will be issued to all eligible seniors in a household, regardless of how many seniors comprise the household. Senior citizens who have questions regarding farmers market coupons should contact the Office for the Aging at 315-386-4730.
Farmers market coupon distribution sites are:
• Ogdensburg, Centennial Terrace, Washington Street, Thursday, June 7, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Brasher, Meal Center, LBSH Apts., Church Street, Friday, June 8, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Massena, Laurel Terrace, 9 Laurel Ave., 9:30-10:30 a.m.; and at Grassmere Terrace, 1 Grassmere Rd., 10:30-11:30 a.m., both on Monday, June 11;
• DeKalb, Meal Center, Sunrise Valley Apts., Tuesday, June 12, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Canton, Meal Center, Grasse River Apts., Riverside Drive, Wednesday, June 13, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Gouverneur, Cambray Courts, 68 West Main St., 9:30-10:30 a.m.; and the Gouverneur Community Center, 4673 State Highway 58, 10:45-11:45 a.m., both on Thursday, June 14;
• Potsdam, Midtown Apartments, 1 Munson St., Monday, June 18, from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
• Star Lake, Meal Center, Clifton-Fine Community Center, Tuesday, June 19, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; and
• 2018 Senior Picnic, Gouverneur Community Center, Friday, July 13, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.