Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort planning to reopen Aug. 31 with precautions
AKWESASNE — The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort (AMCR) plans to welcome guests back on Monday, Aug. 31, the first time the resort has been open to the public since its closure nearly six months ago.
The casino was originally to reopen Aug. 3 before a number of coronavirus cases were reported on the reservation.Changes include a new layout of the casino floor, adjusted hours of operation and sanitation policies in accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Entrance to the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort will be limited to guests who reside within 100 miles of the property based on their United States zip code, said the tribe’s website.
Pending the opening of the United States and Canadian border, the Canadian radius will be 50 miles.
Hours of operation will be from 9 a.m.-1 a.m.
Precautions include the following:
• Upon entrance, everyone, including employees, will be given a non-invasive temperature scan.
• Guests, Team members, and vendors are required to wear a mask.
• Smoking is temporarily prohibited.
• Nightly deep cleaning and disinfecting.
• Social distancing floor markers are placed throughout property.
• The casino is operating at a reduced occupancy in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.
• Machines will be cleaned after each individual use.
• Separate entrance and exit doors.
• AMCR wheelchairs will not be available at this time.
• Guest addresses will be verified by driver’s license zip codes to ensure our 100-mile radius is protected and for peace of mind, identification will be used to aid public health officials in contact tracing if necessary.
• Plexiglas shields have been installed at all high-traffic communication points to aid in social distancing.
• The slot floor has been redesigned and hundreds of machines have been removed and rearranged for the comfort of guests.
• Table Games, Bingo, and the Hotel and Spa will open at a later date, once the first phase of re-opening is evaluated
• Hand sanitizing stations are strategically placed throughout the casino
• Minors (under the age of 18) will not be permitted in the facility at this time, which includes restaurants. When occupancy numbers permit, minors will be welcomed to dine in the Casino’s restaurants.
Dining options will be available with precautions and limited seating:
• The Tavern will be open from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. and Sticks Sports Book & Grill from 10 a.m.-11 p.m.
• Masks are mandatory throughout the facility, with the exception of the time seated at a dining table.
• No self-service beverage stations, as drink service will be performed by casino beverage servers.
• Straws will be supplied and encouraged to be used when drinking at our 1145 slots
• Maple Steak and Ale, The Native Harvest Buffet, Cedars Cafe, and the Grab & Go will remain closed at this time.
The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort requests all guests follow CDC measures to help to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19.