St. Lawrence County Public Health reports 167 new COVID cases Thursday
St. Lawrence County Public Health reports 167 new COVID cases as of Thursday, Dec. 2. COVID by the numbers in St. Lawrence County:
Total number of confirmed positives to-date: 15,125Active cases: 806
Released from isolation: 14,176
Total number of tests performed to date: 459,451
% of Fully vaccinated in St. Lawrence County: 56
% of St. Lawrence County positivity rate: 8.93
If you are positive for COVID-19, you will receive a text message from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) informing you of your positive test result. It will also contain a link that we encourage you to use to list your close contacts. Using this system will allow Public Health to inform your close contacts of exposure more quickly.
CDC is strengthening its recommendation on COVID-19 vaccine booster doses. Everyone ages 18 and older should get a booster shot either when they are 6 months after their initial Pfizer or Moderna series or 2 months after initial J&J vaccine. Learn more: https://bit.ly/3mrK4Z5.
Due to the high numbers of COVID cases occurring from seasonal and other celebratory gatherings in St. Lawrence County, St. Lawrence County Public Health encourages you to get tested before and after gatherings.
In accordance with CDC guidance, the St. Lawrence County Public Health is recommending the following on protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
· Get vaccinated as soon as you can.
· Vaccines are critical to enjoying a safe and healthy holiday season with family and friends.
· Everyone ages 18 and older should get a booster shot.
· When we get vaccinations and boosters, we continue to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
· Wear a mask
· Everyone 2 years or older who is not fully vaccinated should wear a mask in indoor public places.
· If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection and prevent possibly spreading COVID-19 to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
· Stay 6 feet away from others
· Inside your home
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· If possible, maintain 6 feet between the person who is sick and other household members.
· Outside your home
· Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
· Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from other people, especially if you are at higher risk of getting very sick.
For more information on how to protect yourself and others, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/preventio....
The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department is currently holding COVID-19 Vaccination clinics every Monday and Wednesday at 80 St. Hwy 310, Suite 2, Canton. To make an appointment, call 315-229-3452.
Vaccinations are available at local pharmacies.
If you or someone you know is homebound and is interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, call Public Health at 315-386-2325.
The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department is currently holding COVID-19 Vaccination clinics every Monday and Wednesday at 80 St. Hwy 310, Suite 2, Canton, NY.
To make an appointment, please call (315) 229-3452 or click the links below.
The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will also be holding the following Booster clinics at 80 St. Hwy 310, Suite 2, Canton, NY.
To make an appointment, please call (315) 229-3452 or click the links below:
Pfizer Booster Clinics - Appointments are required for the Booster Clinics.
Pfizer vaccine recipients 18 years of age and older who have completed their initial series of Pfizer at least 6 months ago and meet the eligibility criteria for a booster vaccination. To view these populations, please follow this link: CDC- Who is eligible for a COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot
Testing is being done at the locations listed below. Some urgent cares and provider offices are also performing testing. Testing is by appointment only.
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be distributed.
First dose appointments here: apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OpID=CE52B30C5CFB0122E0530A6C7C163068
Second dose appointments: apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OpID=CE52C14ACB6204E0E0530A6C7C165EB1
Booster doses for eligible New Yorkers: apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OpID=CE52C938F70203E8E0530A6C7C169820
Call the hotline numbers below between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. if you have symptoms or feel you should be tested:
· St. Lawrence Health System: 315-261-6240
· Claxton Hepburn Medical Center: 315-713-6655
· Clifton-Fine Hospital: 315-848-8049
· Community Health Center of the North Country (Canton): 315-379-8132