Opinion: No mask Stefanik adds to GOP embarrassment, says Norwood woman
To the Editor:
The GOP is such an embarrassment to this country, from the disturbing actions of U.S. Senator Paul Gosar (R-ARIZ) who produced animated videos depicting him killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortex, U.S. House Representative from New York, and swinging swords at President Biden – however, by doing nothing to him regarding this obvious threat – except to give him an “atta-boy” high five after the session.Then there is the GOP Senator representing NY – Stefanik cozying up to the Prime Minister of Canada – PM Justin Trudeau, who is respectively wearing a mask – Stefanik no mask! She has been pushing for the border between the two countries to open up for months, never mind the fact that COVID was a huge threat to both of our countries along this border, she only wants to make a name for herself as some big supporter of the people, haven’t seen any results of that. Then again, she totally ignores the severity of the infrastructure this country needs by standing firm in her muck and mire and voting against President Biden’s Infrastructure Bill. Strange thing, when #45 was in office one of his big claims to “make America Great Again” was infrastructure – however he didn’t have the brains, knowhow, commitment to this country, or anything else presidential to make it happen – but all of his followers were totally behind this infrastructure idea – now that we actually have one in place – no thanks to most of them – the GOP are trying to pull it apart and attempting to convince the citizens of this country that President Biden’s plan won’t work. Well, let us just watch and see what this man, who has been in office less than a year, but has accomplished so much, can do.
The following are just a few of the [anti-civilian] actions of Stefanik:
• Asks IRS to revoke NPR’s tax-exempt status (11/15/21)
• 11/17/21 - Joined colleagues led by Rep. Fred Keller (R-PA) in introducing a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution to nullify the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) “emergency” rule requiring private companies to enforce COVID-19 vaccine mandate
• Consistently aligned with tRump’s election fraud claims
• Asserted, on the day a House investigation into the attack on the U. S. Capitol, that Speaker Nancy Pelosi was responsible for the attack
• On May 5, 2021, she received the endorsement of tRump and House Minority whip Steve Scalise to replace House Republican Chair Liz Cheney. During an appearance on a podcast hosted by Steve Bannon, Stefanik repeatedly emphasized the need for the Republican Party to work with tRump.
• After her win Stefanik thanked tRump saying, “President tRump is the leader that [Republican voters] look to.
It is time to think about the future of our country, of the quality of life our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren are facing. Will this country continue down the road of rack and ruin – government dysfunction, global warming, insurrection, segregation, armed vigilantes, acceptance of all kinds of violence and abuse – verbal and physical because there is no longer any tolerance of other people and their beliefs and ideals? Obviously any leadership attempt by Stefanik is frightening.