Potsdam Public Library offering free programs for children, adults, including after-school activities
POTSDAM – The Potsdam Pubic Library is offering many free weekly and monthly programs for children and adults, including after school activities, story hours, and more.
• Afterschool squad: Hands-on activities on variety of themes for kids in grades 3-6, including coding and robotics, art with Sara Lynch and nutrition with Cornell Cooperative Extension. The program meets Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. Register online.• Wednesday Storytime: Stories, rhymes and play to develop children’s early literacy skills each Wednesday at 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• Saturday Storytime: Stories, rhymes and play to develop children’s early literacy skills each Saturday at 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• Purl Jam Knitting Group: Share your passion for knitting while learning how to use online resources to enhance your work on the third Monday of the month starting back up in February from 11:30-1 p.m. No registration needed. Pack a bag lunch if you wish. For more info email [email protected].
• Chess Club: Adults and youth invited to drop in for part or all of casual chess meets every Wednesday, 5-8 p.m. all experience levels welcome.
• Game Night: Adults and youth invited to drop-in for part or all of this board game event; library will supply some games, but games can be brought in also; every Thursday, 5-8 p.m.