Ogdensburg Recreation Department announces summer youth camp registration
OGDENSBURG – Summer youth camp registration is now available through the Ogdensburg Recreation Department. Each camp is $30.
Registration forms are available at www.ogdensburg.org or at the City Hall (Suite 6), 330 Ford Street, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.Forms can be returned via US Mail to the Recreation Department or placed in the Drop Off Box within the building at City Hall on Caroline Street.
All youth must be signed-up/registered before they are allowed to participate in any Parks and Recreation Department sponsored sports camp.
For more information contact the Recreation Director Mackenzie Cole at (315) 393-1980, or email [email protected].
The 2023 sports camps offered are:
• TRACK & FIELD: OFA Track Coach, John Tebo will conduct a track camp for boys and girls grades 1 – 6 from 9:00- 10:30 a.m. Activities include high and long jump, shot put, discus, hurdles and relays. Camp to be held at OFA track June 26 –30.
• TUMBLING: Jackie Pinkerton will conduct gymnastics for boys and girls ages 4 - 6 at 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. and ages 7-12 at 2:15 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Activities include balance beam, spring board and floor exercise. Camp to be held at Lockwood Arena July 17-20. •SOCCER: Renee Tebo will offer instruction in all phases of soccer for boys and girls grades K-2 from 9:00-10:00 a.m.and grades 3- 6t from 10:00- 11:00 a.m.. Activities include passing, foot skills, defense and offense. Camp to be held at Father Martin Field on July 10-14.
• MUSEUM TO STUDIO: PAINTING WITH REMINGTON: This class uses the galleries of the Frederic Remington Art Museum to develop drawing and painting skills. At the Museum we’ll study how Remington and other artists use composition, color, line, and other elements to create a work of art. In the painting studio you’ll learn about setting up a still life, applying color theory, brush techniques, under painting, and more. At the end of the week we’ll have a mini exhibit of student paintings, and you’ll walk away with a finished canvas. Camp to held at Frederick Remington Art Museum and Dobisky Center oJuly 11 – 15 ages 12 & up from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
• CHEER CAMP: OFA Coach Tori Peabody will conduct Cheer Camp for boys and girls ages 4- 7 from 1:00 -2:15 p.m. and ages 8 -12 from 2:15- 3:30 p.m. Training includes cheers, dances, jumps, stunts, and gymnastics. Camp to be held at the Lockwood Arena July 10-14.
• SOFTBALL: SUNY Potsdam Head Softball Coach, Brianna Ferchen will conduct a softball camp for boys and girls grades 1- 4 from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. and grades 5-6 from 10:00- 11:00 a.m. This camp will stress development of hitting, fielding and pitching. Camp to be held at Montroy Park July 31- August 4.
• LACROSSE: SLU Women’s Head Lacrosse Coach, Chelsea Martin and OFA varsity players Theodore Hewko and Connor Brown will conduct lacrosse camp for boys and girls ages 6-12 from 9:00 -10:30 a.m. Training will include passing, catching, attack, defense, and goaltending. Camp to be held at Father Martin Field August 7-11.
• BASKETBALL: Trent Sargent and Shannon LaFave will conduct basketball camp for boys and girls grades K- 3from 9:00-10:00 a.m. and grades 4-6 from 9:00-10:30 a.m. Activities will include skills development, passing, dribbling, and shooting. Intramural games will be played. Camp to be held at the outdoor courts at Father Martin Field from August 7-11.
• BASEBALL: OFA Coach Brooks Brenno will conduct a baseball camp for boys and girls grades K-2 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. and grades 3- 6tfrom 2:15-3:15 p.m. The camp will stress development of hitting, fielding and pitching. Camp to be held at Montroy Park June 26-30
• VOLLEYBALL: Elizabeth Testani will conduct volleyball camp for boys and girls grades 3-6 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. This camp will introduce the fundamentals of player formation, passing, receiving, setting, hitting and service. Camp to be held at Lockwood Arena August 7 – 11.
• WRESTLING: OFA Coach, Ricky Ledwidth will conduct wrestling camp for ages for ages 5-18 from 6:00–7:00 p.m. Camp will be held at Lockwood Arena on July 17-20. Contact Ricky to sign up at 315.854.3318.
• PEEWEE FOOTBALL SKILLS CAMP: PeeWee Football Organization will host a skills camp at Father Martin Field ages 4-7 from 6:00- 7:00 p.m. and ages 8-12 from 7:00–8:00 p.m. Contact secretary Jessica Denny at 315.276.0699 to sign up. $20.00 fee.