Norwood Village Green Concert lineup for 2012 includes folk, big band, rock and roll
NORWOOD – The Norwood Village Green Concert lineup for 2012 has been announced. The season is slated to begin May 31 with the annual St. Lawrence County Music Educators Association Pop Choral/State Band Festival.
All concerts 7 p.m. except where indicated• May 31 – St. Lawrence County Music Educators Association Pop Choral / Stage Band Festival.
• June 7 – Kim & Reggie Harris, consummate folk performers. 1 p.m. for Norwood-Norfolk Central School Students; 7 p.m. for the general public
• June 14 – Karp/Foley, The Peter Karp/Sue Foley Blues Band. Blues guitar, winner of Cananda’s Juno.
• June 21 – Northern Lights Orchestra. A string and woodwind orchestra directed by Chris Hosmer.
• June 24 – Sounds of Summer Festival with The Debt. Rock & roll, and a sampling of original country songs.
• June 28 – Northern Symphonic Winds. Northern New York’s only professional wind ensemble.
• July 1 – A Children’s Festival, 5 p.m. The Storycrafters, Bob Shelley, Stephen Gratto. Master storytelling magic.
• July 5 – The All Star Big Band, directed by Wally Siebel with Wayne Bergeron, guest artist, one of America’s greatest trumpet players.
• July 8 – Sweet Patootie and Al Parrish. Music and comedy.
• July 15 – The Marigolds, Suzie Vinnock, Caitlin Hanford & Glen Swick. Juno award winning singer/songwriters.
• July 19 – Jodi Sandhaus with the Pete Malinverni Trio. Jazz singing with trio accompanying.
• July 22 – The Gibson Brothers. Award winning Bluegrass from native North Country brothers.
• July 26 – The Brass Firemen. The tradition continues.
• July 29 – Dana & Susan Robinson. Neo-Traditional singer/songwriters. “Rural America explored with elegant simplicity.”
• August 2 – Babik. Acoustic music in the style of Django Reinhardt.
• August 5 – The Catskill Puppet Theater; The Town That Fought Hate. Based on “The Christmas Menorahs”.
• August 12 – A Benefit Concert for the Series, 5 p.m., featuring an array of local musicians.