Norfolk Concert Series rolls on with Adirondack-based Knotty Paddy on July 13
NORFOLK — The town’s new summer concert series at Norfolk Memorial Garden Park, 55 W. Main St., is underway with a variety of live music shows scheduled throughout the rest of the summer.
All concerts begin at 6 p.m. and are free.The concerts are supported by various local sponsors but donations are always welcome, say organizers.
For more information call 315-244-7787 or 315-262-5196, or email [email protected] .
Concerts kicked off July 2. The remaining schedule includes:
• July 13 — Knotty Paddy, an Adirondack based, 5-piece band specializing in Celtic Rock and Traditional Irish music. Knotty Paddy members include Jamie Savage, Rick Kovacs, Douglas Riley, Riczi Kovacs and Mike McBride.
• July 20 — Lacey Peets, aka Lacey Stoddard or Lacey Rae, has been singing in public for over 25 years. She comes from a musical family, with grandmother, father and siblings all involved in music. Her style covers newer country, along with a mix of crowd favorites.
• July 27 — From 1946 to present, the Brass Firemen have been comprised of volunteer musicians supporting the volunteer effort of the fire and emergency services and other community functions. The band is well known locally for its concerts, parades and benefits throughout the North Country and beyond.
• July 30 — Double Axel, taps their rock ‘n roll and R&B roots to perform classic hits of the past and present. Check the band’s website: www.doubleaxel.com for performance schedule, history, pictures and updates.
• August 6 — Open mic night featuring a sampling of local performers showcased in a mini-concert format. Performing Colleen Briggs; Brad Ladison Duo and the Weaver Duo: Sara Weaver and Michele LaBarge Weaver.
• August 13 — The Don Woodcock Duo, featuring Don Woodcock and Dr. George Dodds. Woodcock, a master fiddler and threetime New York state fiddle champion will perform with his long-time friend and fellow musician, Dr. George Dodds. The two will entertain with a fiddle and a guitar playing some of their old-time favorites.
• August 17 — 3’s Company (Chris Paige, Keri Lucey & Sean Tierson) play songs from several different genres.
• August 20 — Just 4 Kicks Jazz Band offers performance opportunities to North Country musicians of all ages. Current members, age 15 to 80, all have one thing in common; their passion for making music for themselves and their audiences.