Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County offers Food Preservation Series through fall
CANTON -- Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County will present its Food Preservation Series at the Extension Learning Farm, 2043B State Highway 68, at several classes slated in coming weeks.
All classes are held from 6:30-8:30 p.m.Participants can attend one or all. The cost is $20 per workshop.
Pre-registration is required: stlawrence.cce.cornell.edu or 315-379-9192, ext. 237
The classes include:
• Berry Jams with Natural Sweeteners, Wednesday, July 24
• Flavorful Condiments: Hot Sauces & Pestos, Tuesday, Aug. 20
• Crispy Pickles: Canning and Fermenting, Thursday, Aug. 8
• Dehydrating and Cooking with Fruits, Veggies and Herbs, Tuesday, Sept. 17
• Fun with Fermentation: Vegetable Transformation, Thursday, Oct. 24
The series is sponsored by Nature's Storehouse, and the hands-on workshops are inspired by the seasonal bounty of the North Country
This preservation series is taught by the Local Foods Team at Cornell Cooperative Extension and the Master Food Preserver volunteers.
Every session includes interactive kitchen time, samples and recipes.
Cornell Cooperative Extension provides equal programming and employment opportunities.
Contact the CCE office if you have any special needs.