Cinema 10 in Potsdam releases new schedule for Fall 2023 season
POTSDAM — Cinema 10 begins its Fall 2023 season on Monday, Sept. 18, with a screening of Theater Camp, a 2023 US film directed by Molly Gordon and Nick Lieberman.
When the owner of an Adirondacks based theater camp falls into a coma, it’s up to her ill-equipped son to join forces with the quirky staff and students to keep it from falling to pieces.Theater Camp has been praised for its authentic depiction of theater culture, and drawn comparisons to mockumentary-maestro Christopher Guest (A Mighty Wind).
“Earnest and ridiculous in equal measure, [the film] makes clear that places like AdirondACTS are microcosms of magical weirdness,” writes Shirley Li, The Atlantic.
Theater Camp runs 94 minutes and is rated PG-13 for some strong language and suggestive/drug references.
Other scheduled films this autumn include:
• Sept. 25 20 Days in Mariupol (2023, Ukraine, d. Mstyslav Chernov) 95 min NR
• Oct. 2 BlackBerry (2023, Canada, d. Matt Johnson) 120 min R
• Oct. 16 Joy Ride (2023, United Kingdom/ United States, d. Adele Lim) 95 min R
• Oct. 23 Return to Seoul / Retour à Séoul (2022, France/Germany/etc., d. Davy Chou) 115 min R
• Oct. 30 How to Blow Up a Pipeline (2022, United States, d. Daniel Goldhaber) 104 min R
• Nov. 6 Joyland (2022, Pakistan, d. Saim Sadiq) 126 min NR
• Nov. 13 Alcarràs (2022, Spain/Italy, d. Carla Simón) 120 min NR
• Nov. 27 Past Lives (2023, United States/South Korea, d. Celine Song) 105 min PG-13
Films are shown on Monday evenings at 7:15 in the Roxy Theater in Potsdam.
Tickets are $5.50 general, $45 season or $4.50 student/senior, $35 season (season tickets are sharable).
Cinema 10 is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.
For more information please visit https://www.cinema10.org .