Blood drives in Canton, Colton, DeKalb, Gouverneur, Hammond, Lisbon, O'burg, Potsdam
The American Red Cross is staging a series of blood drives in Saint Lawrence County.
• Canton — Sept. 27, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., SUNY Canton, 34 Cornell Dr.; Sept. 28, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., SUNY Canton, 34 Cornell Dr.; Oct. 4, 1-6 p.m., Sullivan Student Center, 90 Park St.; Oct. 12, 1-6 p.m., Best Western University Inn, 90 E Main St.;• Colton — Oct. 14, 12 p.m.-5 p.m., Colton Volunteer Fire Department, 80 Riverside Dr.;
• DeKalb Junction — Oct. 3, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Hermon DeKalb Central School, 709 E. DeKalb Rd.; Oct. 15, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., DeKalb Junction Fire Department, 4323 US Highway 11;
• Gouverneur — Oct. 3, 12:30-5:30 p.m., Gouverneur Community Center, 4673 State Route 58;
• Hammond — Sept. 30, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Hammond Central School, 51 S. Main St.;
• Lisbon — Sept. 23, 1-5 p.m., Lisbon Wesleyan Church, 48 Church St.;
• Ogdensburg — Oct. 6, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Claxton Hepburn Medical Center, 214 King St.;
• Potsdam — Oct. 5, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Clarkson University Student Center, 8 Clarkson Ave., Box 8715; and Oct. 5, 12-5 p.m., Knights of Columbus 340 Potsdam, 17 Lawrence Ave..
To donate blood download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enable the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device to make an appointment or for more information.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood and platelet donors can save time at their next donation by using RapidPass® to complete their pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, before arriving at the blood drive.
To get started, follow the instructions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or use the Blood Donor App.