St. Lawrence County firefighters were busy Thursday as they extinguished garage fires in Heuvleton and Morristown.
Heuvelton firefighters saved a Water Street garage from a chimney fire at 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
Volunteers responded to the building owned by William Hitchcock, 74 Water Street after receiving reports of a fire. The building was unoccupied, but Ogdensburg Rescue also responded to the scene.
The Rensselaer Falls Volunteer Fire Department provided mutual aid.
Investigators said a faulty chimney caused the blaze.
Firefighters said the building received moderate damage and were not sure if it was insured.
In Morristown firefighters saved a trailer but lost a garage Thursday night on the Scotch Bush Road.
Volunteers responded to a garage fire at 10:30 p.m. The building was owned by Shawna McCormick, of 523 Irving St., Ogdensburg.
Firefighters said it was not occupied.
The blaze destroyed the garage and caused minimal damage to a nearby trailer.
Morristown volunteers received mutual aid from Brier Hill and Heuvelton firefighters.
Hammond and Rensselaer Falls volunteers were on standby.
St. Lawrence County Fire Investigators are still working to determine the cause.
The property was insured.