Potsdam police cite nine motorists for driving infractions
POTSDAM -- Potsdam police said they charged nine motorists with driving infractions on Thursday. Those charged included:
• Gregory D. LaPointe, 59, Massena, was cited for speed in zone on Lawrence Avenue at 10:49 a.m. for allegedlt driving 50 miles per hour in a 30 mph zone.• Shondel L. Boyden, 48, Colton, was cited for speed in zone at 3:41 p.m. on Clarkson Avenue after being observed driving 48 mph in a 30 mph zone, officers said.
• Shiyao Huang, 21, Potsdam, was cited for speed in zone on Elm Street at 4:06 p.m. after being observed driving 52 mph in a 30 mph zone.
• Jocelyn S. Steggert, 63, Potsdam, was cited for speed in zone at 4:23 p.m. on May Road after being observed driving 44 mph in a 30 mph zone.
• Chelsea M. Parmeter, 27, Lisbon, was cited for speed in zone after being observed driving 46 mph in a 30 mph zone, police said.
• Ashtin S. Singh, 26, Potsdam, was charged with operating a motor vehicle while using a portable electronic device at 5:09 p.m. on Market Street.
• Kyle J. Swinyer, 21, Potsdam, was cited for third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation on May Road at 5:44 p.m.
• Justin P. Woodward, 28, Norwood, was cited for speed in zone on May Road at 6:08 p.m. after being observed driving 49 mph in a 30 mph zone.
• Jesse H. Foote, 20, Pyrites, was cited for no seat belt on Market Street at 6:21 p.m.
All of the subjects were issued tickets and released, police said.